Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The last one of the school year

First of all, Thank you to everyone who followed my blog through the whole school year. It really means a lot.

I thought I would finish this blog with what I learned about Lebanon and myself from the past 9 months.

1. Triple kisses is two too many kisses in a greeting and I am already dreading the first day back of school next year where triple kisses will be the only thing on the menu.

2. If a pedestrian does not respond to your first honk about needing a ride, don't give up and try at least 2 more time. You can never try too hard.

3. The beach and beach visits are requirements not just something pretty to look at.

4. You have to ask the price before you pay, because after all you are American.

5. I really like Iced Coffee with milk and sugar. This is a new thing. My tea was making me too hot these fast few weeks so I went for something new and it stuck!

6. I don't like to be bored at work and I am not great at entertaining myself. However, I have made great strides in this and found there are lots of ways to waste time..=)

7. A coffee shop on a Sunday doing odds and ends is not a bad way to spend a morning.

8. I can't say no to chocolate even in other countries.

9. You have to be very firm about saying no to food when offered and you must offer some of everything you have, even if you only have a little.

10. That even through scary stuff, there is beauty in Lebanon. The sea, the rivers, the mountains.

11. That I like to travel but your own bed is always the best bed to be in.


Here are some beach pictures to finish out the year!!






We also had a our end of the year teacher's lunch last week. I have been to 7 of them and never one like this. It was lunch and karaoke. The Lebanese can't resist it. It started immediately and lasted for at least an hour. There was dancing on chairs and singing, even the waiter got involved. It was hysterical. Everyone at school is inviting and wonderful but we will always clearly have our differences..=)

BUT SUCCESS...I mentioned in one of my first blogs I wanted to get a compliment on an outfit. It officially happened the last day of school!! It is a borderline compliment but I am taking it. A teacher told me I looked "cool" and another one said she liked the "ethnic print" of my skirt.  YAY!! Here is the legendary outfit.
I know my eyes are closed but this is the best one out of 5 Michael took, he wanted it to look natural..=)



No comments:

Post a Comment